This page contains blogs posts that will help you perform various administrations tasks for the different components (Servers, Storage, VMware, Applications etc.) in your Data Center.
- NetApp Cluster Mode vSIM – Install, Setup & Configure - This blog post provides detailed walk through of setting up NetApp vSIM in vSphere Infrastructure.
- Create a custom ESXi ISO for NetApp NAS Plugin using PowerCLI and SAVE TIME !! - This blog post provides steps to create a custom ESXi ISO using VMware PowerCLI. In this blog post I have integrated NetApp NFS VAAI Plugin in the ESXi 5.1 ISO.
- Do you use NetApp Virtual Storage Console for vSphere Infrastructure? - This blog post shares few highlights about NetApp VSC used in VMware Infrastrcutre. It explains how the storage management tasks can now be reduced by offloading them to the vSphere Administrators.
- Perform Storage Maintenance on NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP with ZERO downtime - In this blog post I have shared my experience of performing a non disruptive storage maintenance using NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP Storage Failover features in VMware vSphere Infrastructure.
- Migrate (Storage) VMware View VMs using Volume Move WITHOUT DOWNTIME on NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP - in this blog post I have performed storage maintenance on VMware View Linked Clone pool using NetApp Volume move. Using NetApp volume move I was able to migrate complete the storage maintenance much faster without any downtime.
- Provision NFS/VMFS Datastores using NetApp Virtual Storage Console ! Get-Smart !! - In this blog post I have shared how NetApp VSC can be used to provision VMFS & NFS datastores.The provisioning is done end-to-end i.e. on the Storage Array and also VMware layers in a single workflow initiated from VMware vCenter.